NER Group, Walter Pack's model for social justice and sustainable development
October 12, 2021
In 2007, Walter Pack, made the decision to promote a New Relationship Style (NER) based on participative and supportive management, with people and teamwork as its main assets. NERGROUP was born, a group of entrepreneurial and cooperative projects that aimed to break with the traditional concept of business management and operate under the principles of fair and sustainable human development and social commitment. Some time later, this commitment has translated into more than 2 million euros in investments and nearly 200 social projects promoted by the group both locally and in development cooperation in Africa, Latin America and Asia, in which the nearly 2,000 people who make up the twenty Basque organizations that make up NER have been involved. But what does it really mean to be part of NERGROUP? What role have we played in Walter Pack as co-founders of the group? What is our area of improvement for the future? .
An organizational style based on self-managed teams. NERGROUP goes far beyond theoretical approaches: its members share an organizational style based on the values of ethics, transparency, communication, trust and self-managed teams where freedom, responsibility, joint decisions, a vision of the future and solidarity are promoted. These values are embodied in a series of management criteria and common practices that revolve around people, and which can be observed in the daily operations of Walter Pack. Among them are:
- The commitment to maintaining all the people who make up the organization, regardless of crisis situations or market cycles.
- The creation of an economic fund to provide support to people in difficult personal situations.
- The establishment of a salary framework appropriate to the responsibilities of each member of the organization.
- The sharing of benefits as a result of the work of the entire team.
- The sharing of all the data of the organizations so that all members feel part of a common project.